Sunday, February 5, 2012

Spaniard's are odd?

Is it me or does a Spaniard's stare stick to you like glue. When I was in Madrid, I couldn't help be bothered by the attention. I'm already shy enough.!


In every occasion I went out, I'd pass by men, who'd stop and turn back as I continued my way. Sometimes it'd just get creepy. Like the one time I rested my back against this theater building, coughing a bit of icy air. To my knowledge, I was alone managing the winter. I half turn to the side and realize some guy's standing not too far away. "Don't be so uptight, he's probably just waiting for a friend, he'll leave soon.," I reassured myself. An hour later...no one arrives. There was a point where we both met eye to eye. Finally, I hurried off to a cafe. Inside the cafe, I observed the guy from afar. He left as well. Luckily he didn't walk in the cafe.


It was a random weird incident.


Here's another puzzling one. I was starving since I had no clue restaurants closed early. A semi-packed bar enticed me. I ordered something in my fuc^ed up accent. The waiter, who appeared to look 40ish, would not bloody stop staring at me. Did I have a enormous booger sliding down my nose? WTF. And he kept making restroom trips. I don't even wanta know why. It got to the point where eating was a pain in the ***.


The tour guide I traveled along with, definitely had a thing for me. I won't rule that out as creepy. Maybe a useless/frustrated thing, since I was under aged at the time (17); he was about 33. Long distance relationship with a minor isn't the most convenient. Strangely enough, I made a move on him. The thing is I admired the guy's intelligence/charm. I gave him my info...stupidly one of my rings too. He never called probably due to an injured ego from not responding to his sweet talk. In fact I remember him making some nasty remarks when I stayed quiet. (take yourself off books for once) Or his idiotic remark at the perfume shop. "Is that cologne for me?"


Go figure...Spanish men.


Geez, the bus driver, another freak. Was bold enough to ask me to "message him in his hotel room." I literarily was speechless. Its a tour bus/ packed with tourists, not a damn brothel.


What I don't understand is, why so much attention?


I gave the Spanish men no provocation whatsoever.


Am I missing something culturally? (I come from Persian/french decent)


And why did the tour guide act like a jerk?

Spaniard's are odd?
every latin men including spaniard act like that. don't worry about it. they just express more of their minds.


No comments:

Post a Comment